Hi, I’m Iulian.
I’m an author and all-around techno-geek. I write science fiction and fantasy, and in my non-fiction work, I tackle subjects I deeply care about, such as human potential, productivity, personal growth, self-development, psychology, and writing. For about two years, I was also the editor and publisher of Fantasy Scroll Magazine.
Over the past ten years, I’ve gone through several stages of personal transformation, seeking fervently to understand myself, create my vision, and figure out ways that I can live a better, more fulfilling life. This website is a container for that effort of self-discovery and self-creation.
Whether you start at the top of my blog or take a shortcut to my articles by category, there is a lot of information in a variety of topics that will be informative and will drive you to action. In the end, knowledge and wisdom are great and essential to self-improvement, but it’s the action that will move you forward. I had to learn it the hard way, so I have made it my life’s mission to share my stories, my thoughts, and ideas, to help others become better versions of themselves.
Besides the topics that are closest to my heart—writing and self-development—on this blog, I also dab into some aspects of business and technology, and even health and fitness. On top of that, I have to confess that I love stand-up comedy and listening to power rock ballads.
Since my goal is to improve myself in a balanced and harmonious way, I am very much aware that I have to attack all aspects of my development—physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual. In the pages of this blog, you will find a little bit of each, and if at least one article touches your heart and soul and inspires you toward a single positive action that leads to your improvement, my mission is complete. Or at least part of it.
Besides the articles on this blog, I have also written a book titled Achieving Your Goals is Three Miles Away: A Practical Guide to Getting Sh*t Done and Creating the Life that You Deserve. I am in the final stages of editing, and I hope you’ll see it in circulation very soon.
If you want to know when the book is out or to just keep up with the articles I post weekly, use the form below to sign-up for live updates. I hate spam, and I will treat your email address like I do mine. I will not sell it nor misuse it. Instead, you will get regular articles that I write. Besides the usual articles on writing, self-improvement, health, and productivity, you’ll sometimes encounter interviews, funny stuff, and an occasional fiction piece.
Thank you again for stopping by my blog. I hope you’ll enjoy my work.
I have set as my personal mission to empower others to unlock their potential and create the fulfilling life they deserve.
My aim is to accomplish this mission by:
- Continuing to work on my own personal development
- Researching and documenting relevant topics
- Sharing my knowledge and findings with the world
“Writing. Thinking. Living.” What does it mean?
- Writing — Writing has always been and will always be a part of my life. It’s my creative outlet and the main vehicle I use to share my knowledge and my stories.
- Thinking — I believe that our ability to use our brain and drive a positive and ethical behavior is not only a privilege we have as a species but also a duty. By constantly learning, experimenting, and questioning the status quo, we grow and affect a positive change not only inside ourselves but also in those around us.
- Living — In the end, life is meant to be lived, enjoyed, and shared with the people we love.
Throughout my life, I’ve developed many interests and this site the canvas I use to paint the picture of that universe. Although sometimes I feel like the number of interests I have borders some sort of attention disorder, over the past several years, I’ve begun to slowly narrow down the topics I care about the most and became more focused. So, the vast majority of posts on my blog will be centered around the following areas:
- Writing and Publishing — As I stated above, writing has always been a part of my life. Over the past fifteen years, fiction writing has been a creative outlet for my thoughts and feelings. In the last five years, I’ve worked a lot on my non-fiction writing, which is why this blog is now more alive than ever. In my articles, I aim to share my personal struggles, as well as the many tips and tricks I’ve picked up along the way, in hopes that I can help others write.
- Personal Development — I’ve always been interested in all the ways that I could be a better person. For most of my life, I’ve failed miserably at it. The articles on self-growth and personal development on this blog are a result of the last five years of struggles, learning, and practices.
- Productivity — I work full-time as a business professional and productivity is very important to me. The concept transcends work-life, though, and has become a critical part of my personal life, too. By working on being more efficient with my time, and becoming more effective in my relationships, I hope to be a more productive human overall.
- Health & Wellness — As a rather skinny lad in my teens and early adulthood, I found myself on a steep health decline through my mid-thirties and even later. In the last five years, I’ve taken a personal vow to turn my health around and improve it overall. Whether it’s about decreasing or removing the abuse of bad things and being proactive about doing the right things for my health and general wellness, you will find several articles on this blog describing my process and what I’ve done to turn my life around.
Sometimes I publish new articles or republish articles on other sites. Below you can access links to my profiles on other sites.
I’m quite active on social media and I’d love for us to connect. Below, find links to my most active social media profiles.